- You can join online and set up your online account straight away by completing a simple form. You can join online if you are 16 years or older.
- Choose your nearest library on the form to pick up your card – but you can use all East Riding Libraries and mobile libraries with your free membership!
- Once the form is submitted, at the bottom of the page, you will see a short welcome message with instructions and a link to obtain your temporary library card number.
- Once you have clicked the link, you then need to click 'Registered accounts at East Riding' to obtain your temporary library card number. This number always begins with UNREG. This number, together with the PIN you chose, can be used to reserve books, download eBooks and access some of our Research 24/7 websites. Please make a note of this number and the PIN you chose.
- Your temporary library card number will be valid for 31 days. Within this period, you will need to visit any East Riding library and the staff will exchange your temporary library card number to a physical library card. This only takes a couple of minutes and is free. Please take proof of ID such as a Driving Licence or a recent utility bill.
Join in your local library
Anybody can join the library. Simply pop into any East Riding Library and ask a member of staff. All you need is some ID with name, address and signature. Remember to ask for a PIN to set up your online account later.
Children 15 years or younger can sign up for a junior membership and will need a parent carer to sign a guarantor consent form. Children's cards can be linked to a parent's online account for a single login.