Win an iPad 32gb by reading with BorrowBox!
To enter, download the BorrowBox app, log in with your East Riding Libraries membership, download a free eBook or eAudiobook, take a photo of your selected title and share it with ERidingLMA on Facebook, Twitter or email using the hashtag #borrowboxcomp by Friday 20 September 2019 at midnight.
The competition is open to all members of East Riding Libraries (it's free to join). A winner will be selected at random and announced on the East Riding Libraries, Museums and Archives Facebook and Twitter channels on Thursday 25 September 2019. Only one entry per person. Read the terms and conditions for full details.
- This competition is open to all East Riding Library members - it is free to join.
- Entrants who use social media to enter must be aged 13 years or older
- One entry per person will be entered into the random draw
- Social media entries must include the hashtag #Borrowboxcomp and tag @ERidingLMA (on facebook and twitter)
- All entries must include either a screenshot of an eBook downloaded to the Borrowbox app on any device, or a photograph of you reading an eBook on the Borrowbox app.
- The Borrowbox app can be downloaded free from either the Google Play Store, or the Apple App Store
- All entries must be received by midnight on Friday 20 September 2019
- The prize winner will be notified by 12pm on Thursday 25 September 2019
- Results will be published on the East Riding LMA (Libraries, Museums and Archives) Facebook and Twitter Channels by 3pm on Thursday 25 September
- The winner will be selected at random from all correct entries
- The prize is a 32gb iPad and is no exchangeable for a cash value or alternative
- The prize will be sent to an East Riding Library closest to the winner.
- The winner will be contacted once the iPad has arrived at their local East Riding Library, and required to collect the iPad during opening hours.
Before you start
To set up your device to borrow eBooks you will need:
- A library membership You need to be a member of East Riding Libraries and have an online account. Find out how to join on the Memberships page.
- The BorrowBox app This is available on Apple app store, Google Play and Kindle and Amazon Fire devices. When you first use the app, choose the East Riding of Yorkshire Library Service.
Reading on desktop? You can use BorrowBox on your desktop computer as well. However, you may be asked to sign in using an Adobe ID as well as your library number. It is free to set up and use. They are an external company. Get a free Adobe account.
How many eBooks can I have?
Your eBook account comes with 8 credits. These can be divided between the items you borrow and your reservations, for example: Borrow 8 Reserve 0, Borrow 6 Reserve 2. To view your credits, click on your basket in the app.
You can delete books at any time, but credits will not be renewed until the end of your loan period.
Remember there is free public Wi-Fi at all of our branch libraries to download your eBooks.