Before you start
To set up your device to borrow eBooks you will need:
- A library membershipYou need to be a member of East Riding Libraries and have an online account. Find out how to join on the Memberships page.
- An Adobe ID This authorises your eReader app to use our eBooks service. It is free to set up and use. They are an external company. Get a free Adobe account.
- A compatible device Most Google Play and Apple Store enabled devices are compatible. Unfortunately our eBooks are not available to download to kindle eReaders.
- An eReader app Our instructions are based on the free Libro eReader app. This is available on Apple app store and Google Play.
Setting up your Libro app
These instructions are for the Libro app. Other apps may vary.
- Turn on your Libro app and select East Riding Library Service from the list.
- Log in with your Adobe ID (this may be called a DRM on your device) to authorise the app. The log in screen should automatically appear when you try to use the app. If not, it will appear when you first try to search for books.
- On the Get Books tab, select the menu and go to log in.
- Use your East Riding Library membership number (the long number under the barcode on your library card) and four-digit pin.
You're now set up and ready to go!
How many eBooks can I have?
Your eBook account comes with 8 credits. These can be divided between the items you borrow and your reservations, for example: Borrow 8 Reserve 0, Borrow 6 Reserve 2. To view your credits, click on your basket in the app (on Libro, other apps may vary).
You can delete books at any time, but credits will not be renewed until the end of your loan period.
Remember there is free public Wi-Fi at all of our branch libraries to download your eBooks.