Haltemprice Library and Customer Services
Welcome to Haltemprice Library and Customer Services
A bustling activity centre with the library, East Riding Leisure, a cafe, customer services centre and outdoor play area all in one place. There’s plenty to do with East Riding Libraries. Find out about events and meeting dates for our regular groups on the What’s On page. This library has a permanent chatter and natter table available during all opening hours. Find out more about chatty cafe at East Riding Libraries.View What's On
Seasonal Opening Time Changes
Please be aware East Riding Libraries will have a change in opening times over the holiday period.
- Monday 23 December Christmas Eve - Open 9.30am - 6.30pm - Open+ 6.45pm - 9pm
- Tuesday 24 December Christmas Eve - Closing early at 4pm
- Wednesday 25 December Christmas Day - Closed
- Thursday 26 December Boxing Day - Closed
- Friday 27 December - Closed - Open+ 9.30am - 6pm
- Saturday 28 December - Open 9.30am - 12.30pm - Open+ 12.45pm - 6pm
- Sunday 29 December - Closed - Open+ 9.30am - 6pm
- Monday 30 December - Closed - Open+ 9.30am - 6pm
- Tuesday 31 December - Closed
- Wednesday 1 January New Year’s Day - Closed
- Thursday 2 January - Open as normal
- Friday 3 January - Open as normal
Join the library
All East Riding Libraries are free to join. As a member you’ll get access to thousands of titles, including free eMagazines, eAudiobooks and eBooks to downloads anywhere, anytime. Find out how to join and all the benefits of being a member on the memberships page.Memberships
Browse all books available to borrow on the library catalogue. Use your library card number and pin to log in to your account to renew your loans online or reserve books to pick up at this branch.
Haltemprice Library and Customer Service Centre is an OPEN+ Library. OPEN+ membership allows you to enter during specified unstaffed hours. New or existing library members who are aged 16 years or above can register. Pop into the library during normal opening hours for a registration form and more information, or download and print the form and terms and conditions pdf at the bottom of this page.
Open+ Unstaffed hours are from 15 minutes after closing to 9pm Monday to Friday, from 15 minutes after closing to 7pm on Saturday and 9.30am to 7pm on Sunday. Access will be activated within two working (staffed) days following registration.
During these unstaffed hours you can borrow and return loans on the library Self Service machines, check your account and collect items you have reserved, use the free library WiFi service, log on to the People's Network computers and use the assisted digital computer for information and advice on all council and partner services.
As an OPEN+ member If you change your library membership number (such as replacing your library card) or change your PIN, you must notify staff at your OPEN+ library who will register the new number on the OPEN+ system. This can be done in person or from your library membership linked email but not by telephone. There will then be a delay of two working (staffed) days before you can visit during OPEN+ hours.
Get online at Haltemprice Library
All East Riding Libraries are part of the Online Centres Network. You can access free, self-paced IT lesson with Learn My Way on our computers. You have free access to the following at this library:
- Five computers for public use
- One children's computer.
- Free Wi-Fi, internet access and email
- Colour and black and white A4 printing. Use Click Print Go from home
- Adjustable height desk for wheelchair users.
- A4 scanner
- Accessibility software: Microsoft magnifier, narrator and on-screen keyboard
- Local newspapers
Free parking on site.
Wheelchair Access from car park via ramp or level access from road. Automatic doors. Only assistance dogs are allowed on site.
The 154 bus route stops outside on Springfield Way.
- Radar Key Toilet
- Breastfeeding friendly
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe Places Scheme
- Hot Drinks Machine