Welcome to Driffield Centre
A hub of activity in the heart of East Yorkshire, the Driffield Centre is library and customer services centre. There’s plenty to do with East Riding Libraries. Find out about events, weekly chatty cafe tables and meeting dates for our regular groups on the What’s On page.View What's On
Seasonal Opening Time Changes
Please be aware East Riding Libraries will have a change in opening times over the holiday period.
- Tuesday 24 December Christmas Eve - Closing early at 4pm
- Wednesday 25 December Christmas Day - Closed
- Thursday 26 December Boxing Day - Closed
- Friday 27 December - Closed
- Saturday 28 December - Open as normal
- Sunday 29 December - Closed
- Monday 30 December - Closed
- Tuesday 31 December - Closed
- Wednesday 1 January New Year’s Day - Closed
- Thursday 2 January - Open as normal
- Friday 3 January - Open as normal
Join the library
All East Riding Libraries are free to join. As a member you’ll get access to thousands of titles, including free eMagazines, eAudiobooks and eBooks to downloads anywhere, anytime. Find out how to join and all the benefits of being a member on the memberships page.Memberships
Browse all books available to borrow on the library catalogue. Use your library card number and pin to log in to your account to renew your loans online or reserve books to pick up at this branch.
East Riding Libraries are part of the refill network for free water. Just ask any member of staff to fill your water bottle for you.
Get online at the Driffield Centre
All East Riding Libraries are part of the Online Centres Network. You can access free, self-paced IT lesson with Learn My Way on our computers. You have free access to the following at this library:
- Eight computers for public use
- Adjustable height desk for wheelchair users
- Large keyboard
- Joystick mouse
- Free Wi-Fi, internet and email access
- Google docs, sheets and slides software
- Accessibility software: Microsoft magnifier, narrator and on-screen keyboard
- A4 scanner
- Colour and black and white printing
- Local newspapers
There is pay and display parking by the centre.
Level access throughout. Only assistance dogs are allowed on site.
It is a two minute walk from the nearest bus stop on Market Place. The railway station on Middle Street South is a five minute walk away.
- Breastfeeding friendly
- Free Wi-Fi
- Safe Places Scheme
- Hot Drinks Machine